Kentico allows you to access data stored on a SharePoint server (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS) or MOSS - Microsoft Office SharePoint Server) and display it on your website. You can achieve this by using the SharePoint web parts.
SharePoint integration examples contain sample tutorials on using the SharePoint web parts for various tasks.
You can configure default logon settings, used to access a SharePoint server, as described in Configuring SharePoint integration settings.
What you can do
- Get lists and list item data from SharePoint and provide it to Kentico.
- Download documents or images.
What you cannot do
- Modify SharePoint data.
- Display Kentico data in SharePoint.
How SharePoint integration works
SharePoint web parts use pre-generated proxy classes of selected SharePoint web services to get data from the server. The following services are used:
- - methods for working with lists.
- - methods for working with picture libraries.
- - methods for retrieving file content.
The returned data is in CAML (XML) format, which needs to be further processed to display the data in a meaningful way. You can use XSLT or ASCX transformations for this purpose. For ASCX, the CAML response must be transformed to an ASP Dataset.