How to make the request?
There are several ways how users can request other users' friendship:
As described in Displaying context menus in transformations, the Users viewer web part can be equipped with a context menu when an appropriately written transformation is used. This context menu contains the Add as friend option, enabling registered website users to request this user's friendship.
Request friendship and My friends web parts
The Request friendship web part is a link with customizable text. Clicking it opens the Add a new friend pop-up dialog.
Requesting friendships on the live site is also possible via the My friends web part. It contains the Add a friend link, which opens the same Add a new friend dialog.
Add a new friend dialog
After clicking either of the options mentioned above, the system opens the Add a new friend dialog. In the dialog, you can specify the following properties:
- User - the user whose friendship you are requesting. This option is not available when requesting a friendship from the context menu as friendship of the user whose context menu was displayed is requested in this case.
- Comment - comment sent to the user along with the friendship request.
- Send e-mail - the user will be notified by a standard e-mail message.
- Send message - the user will be notified by a Messaging module message.
- Automatically approve - users with the Global administrator privilege level or Manage permission for the Friends module can use this check-box, which creates the requested friendship without the other user's approval. Not available on the live site.
If the Send e-mail or Send message options are enabled, the Friends - Friend request e-mail template is used for a notification e-mail or Messaging application message. If the Automatically approve option is enabled together with the previously mentioned options, the Friends - Friend approval template is used.