User contributions allow you to create a content editing interface for site members. It means that selected website visitors can create, edit and delete content, even if they are not editors and cannot access the administration interface or the On-site editing mode.
There are several scenarios where you can use User contributions, for example:
- Community news – You can create a list of news and allow community members to add news. View example setup
- Partner directory – Your business partners can add reference projects to their profile on your website.
- Intranet knowledge base – Your employees can add knowledge base articles to your intranet portal.
Use the following web parts to implement user contributions:
- Contribution list - this web part allows you to display a list of documents and a New document link.
- Edit contribution - this web part allows you to edit an existing document.