When you have registered your application and after configuration of the required , you may add the following web parts on pages of your website in order to enable users authenticate using their LinkedIn logon credentials.
This web part can be used to let site visitors sign in to your website using their LinkedIn logon credentials. It can be placed on any page of your website. The web part is hidden to authenticated users and will be displayed only to unauthenticated public site visitors. With default settings, the web part appears as in the following screenshot.
Although the web part works fine with default settings, it has the following properties to fine-tune its behavior:
- Sign in text - if entered, a link with the entered text will be used instead of the default sign in image.
- Sign out text - if entered, a link with the entered text will be used instead of the default sign out image.
- Show sign out - if enabled, the web part will display a sign out link to authenticated users.
- Show as button - if enabled, buttons will be used instead of standard text links.
- Sign in image - specifies the URL of an image that will be used for the sign in button if the Sign in text property is empty.
- Sign out image - specifies the URL of an image that will be used for the sign out button if the Sign out text property is empty.
Required data for new users - properties that determine which additional data the web part loads from LinkedIn accounts for the new Kentico user accounts. If you are using the LinkedIn required data web part, the requested data will be pre-filled in the web part.
Note: If you wish to enable the Require birth date property, you need to apply and be approved for the Apply with LinkedIn program. Otherwise user registration and authentication will not work with this property enabled.
- Notify administrator about new registrations - if enabled, a notification e-mail will be sent to the website administrator when a new registration is performed via the web part.
LinkedIn required data
In some cases, you may want new users to provide some extra details before their account is created. For example, if your site is configured to require registration approval or double opt-in, all users need a valid e-mail address to help activate their account.
This can be achieved using the LinkedIn required data web part. The web part must be placed on the page specified by the Required user data page value in Settings -> Social media -> LinkedIn.
The following properties of the web part are the most important:
- Allow forms authentication - if checked, new users will be able to enter a password for their new account so that they can log in the usual way as well as via their LinkedIn logon credentials.
- Allow existing user - if enabled, users are allowed to join their existing accounts with the LinkedIn accounts.
- Default target URL - if no return URL is passed, users will be redirected to the URL entered here after merging or creating the account.
- Hide for no LinkedIn - if checked, the web part will be hidden if the page with it is displayed without LinkedIn logon (e.g. when accessed by entering its URL into the browser).