The Kentico E-commerce Solution allows you to specify for each product its manufacturer. You can use this information for your internal purposes, or display it on your website. For example, you can present a link to the manufacturer's site on a product detail page in order to let your customers find more details about the product.
When creating a new product or editing an existing one (on the General tab), you can specify its manufacturer. You can do this by using the Manufacturer drop-down list, or you can add a new manufacturer.
You can manage manufactures in the Manufacturers application. Here, the system displays a list of all defined manufacturers. You can add new manufacturers by clicking New manufacturer, and you can modify properties of existing manufacturers after clicking Edit () in the Actions column. You can also remove manufacturers from your on-line store by clicking Delete ( ) next to respective manufacturer items.
When editing a manufacturer, you can specify the following properties:
- Display name - specifies the name of the manufacturer displayed to users on the live site and in the administration interface.
- Code name - specifies the name of the manufacturer used by developers in the code.
- Description - allows you to enter a text description for the manufacturer in order to provide users with information about the manufacturer's orientation, background, etc.
- Website - allows you to specify the URL of the manufacturer's website.
- Logo - here you can attach a teaser, usually an image, to the manufacturer. You can also upload other types of files such as documents, and audio and video files.
- Enabled - indicates if you can use the manufacturer object in your on-line store. For example, if enabled, you can select the respective manufacturer from the Manufacturer drop-down list when editing a product on the General tab.
- Is important - allows you to mark the manufacturer as important. For example, you can use the flag for various filtering purposes when displaying data on the live site.