You can allow editors and other users to tag pages on the Form tab. This makes it possible for tagging pages when they are being created. Users can also tag existing pages without having to access the Properties -> Metadata tab of the Pages application.
To allow users to tag pages on the Form tab, add a new field to the page type that you want to allow tagging on the Form tab for.
- Open the Page types application.
- Edit the page type for which you want to allow tagging on the Form tab.
- Switch to the Fields tab.
- (Optional) Click (...) and create a New category for the new page tagging field.
- Click New field.
- Fill in the properties of the new field as follows:
- Field type: Page field
- Field name: DocumentTags
- Field caption: Tags (for example)
- Field description: any description that you want users to see when hovering over the field caption
- Form control: Tag selector
- Save the field.
Whenever users edit pages of this type on the Form tab or create new pages of this type, they can tag the pages as well.
If you need to create a custom page type with a tag selector, the tag selector must be bound to a system field.
Was this page helpful?