This topic describes how you can create categories for users to assign pages into. There are two types of categories that you can create for users:
- Global categories - these can be used across all available sites.
- Site-specific categories - these can be used only on the site on which you created them.
A third type of categories—personal categories—serve individual users for categorizing pages across multiple sites. Users can create personal categories in the My profile application.
To create a global or site category
- Open the Categories application.
- (Optional) If you want to create the new category as a subcategory, click on an existing category in the panel to the left.
Note that you cannot create a global categories under a site categories.
- Click New category ( ).
- (Optional) Unless you are creating the category under an existing Site category category, you can choose whether you want your category to be a Site category or a Global category.
- Fill in the details of the new category.
- Click Save.
The system creates the new category.
Was this page helpful?