You can manage forums' threads and posts while editing the corresponding forums on the Posts tab.
Creating a new thread
When you click the Posts tab of an empty forum, the system opens a page allowing you to enter details of a new thread:
- User name - specifies the user name of the thread author.
- E-mail - specifies the e-mail address of the thread author.
- Subject - specifies the subject of the initial post of the thread.
- Post - here you can enter text of the initial post of the thread.
- Signature - specifies the signature under the initial post.
- Subscribe to post - if enabled, the system sends notification e-mails about new posts in the thread to the e-mail address specified in the E-mail field.
If you click OK, the system creates the thread.
If you select a post from the tree on the left, you can perform the following actions:
- Edit - opens the post for editing. You can edit the post text, user name, signature, etc.
- Delete - deletes the post.
- Reply - opens a dialog allowing you to send a reply to the post.
- Move - moves the thread to a selected forum.
- Stick thread - sticks this thread so that it is displayed at the beginning of the forum.
- Split thread - moves the post and its replies to a new thread.
- Lock thread - locks the thread so that no more posts can be added to it.
- Reject - rejects the post so that it is not displayed and needs approval to be displayed.
- Reject sub-tree - performs the Reject action for the current post and all its children.
Forum post listing
In case that there are too many threads in the forum, you can limit the number of displayed threads using the Max forum post nodes setting in Settings -> Community -> Forums.
If you use this setting and there are more threads in the forum than the specified value, the system displays the click here for more... link at the bottom of the tree.
After clicking the link, the system displays the forum post listing page in the main area, while the following actions can be performed:
- View ( ) - displays the thread's initial post in the main area (this action is identical to clicking the post in the tree).
- Delete ( ) - deletes the whole thread including all child posts.
- Sub-posts ( ) - displays a list of sub-posts of the current post in the main area.
- Parent post (button) - displays a list of sub-posts of the parent post in the main area (goes up one level).
Was this page helpful?