All forums are a part of some forum group. Pre-defined forums need to be created within some particular forum group. Ad-hoc forums are automatically placed into the AdHoc forum group upon creation. A forum group usually contains forums related to the same topic. For example:
- Computers (forum group)
- Announcements (forum)
- Technical questions (forum)
- FAQ's (forum)
- Web design (forum group)
- CSS (forum)
- XHTML (forum)
Creating new forum groups
Open the Forums application and click New forum group. Fill in the following fields:
- Group display name - sets the name displayed for the forum group on the website.
- Description - allows you to enter a text description of the forum group, which will be displayed on the website.
- Forum group base URL - specifies the URL of the page where the forum group will be placed, for example: ~/MyForum.aspx. This is used by the system when creating URLs leading to the given forum group.
- Forum group unsubscription URL - specifies the URL of the page where users can unsubscribe from forum notifications under the given group.
Click Save to confirm the creation of the forum group.
Was this page helpful?