Metadata provide information which describes other data. For example, a PDF document named Kentico_DeliverNow_Methodology.pdf can have the following metadata attributes defined: File name, Title, and Description. The file extension cannot be changed.
You can edit metadata of files stored in media libraries, as page attachments, or as object metafiles.
To edit file metadata:
- Navigate to the file location in the administration interface:
- Click the Edit ( ) button in the Actions column.
- If you edited an image file, an Edit image dialog opens (to edit image file metadata, see Viewing image properties),
Otherwise, an Edit metadata dialog opens:
- File name – the name of the file (without the trailing dot and extension). The current file name is always pre-filled when the dialog is opened.
- Title – the title of the file (can differ from the actual file name).
- Description – text describing the content of the file.
- Click Save & Close.
The system saves the modified file metadata.