Depending on how the administrator configured the system, there are up to 3 types of categories that you can create in Kentico:
- Personal categories - these categories belong to a specific user only, however, you can use them across all available sites.
- Global categories - these can be used across all available sites. You can create these when assigning pages to categories.
- Site-specific categories - these can be used only on the site on which you created them. You can create these when assigning pages to categories.
To create a personal category
- Open the My profile application.
- Switch to the Categories tab.
- (Optional) If you want to create the new category as a subcategory, click on an existing category in the panel to the left.
- Click on New category ( ).
- Fill in the details of the new category.
- Click on Save.
The system creates the new category. You can now assign pages to the category.