Configuring on-line marketing features
Before you start working with on-line marketing features, make sure that you have set up the features correctly and provided marketers with necessary permissions:
You may also need to enable or configure individual on-line marketing features to allow marketers work with them efficiently:
- Configure contacts
- Configure activities
- Register campaign tracking if you have an MVC site and wish to use campaigns
- Set up content personalization:
- Configure email marketing
- Configure marketing automation
- Enable A/B testing of pages (for MVC sites)
- Configure A/B or MVT testing of pages ( sites)
- Configure web analytics ( sites)
Ensuring marketing data recalculation for MVC sites
Sites built using the MVC development model run as two separate applications – an MVC live site and the Kentico administration interface. For performance reasons, all recalculations of contact scores, contact groups, personas and marketing automation triggers are done by the Kentico application.
Because the Kentico application itself does not usually receive traffic from site visitors, you need to keep the application alive to ensure that the recalculations work correctly. For example, you can set the Start Mode advanced setting of the used application pool in IIS to AlwaysRunning.
Customizing on-line marketing features
After having enabled and configured, and even worked with your on-line marketing features, you may want to customize them, so that you can use the features in a more efficient manner:
- Use on-line marketing macros to dynamically load values related to on‑line marketing applications.
- Improve performance of custom macros in scoring and contact group conditions.
- Separate the contact management database to optimize the contact management data processing.
- Set up automatic deletion of contacts to reduce the volume of contact management data.
Was this page helpful?