Microsoft Azure is a cloud platform for hosting and managing applications and services.
When you want to host your project on Microsoft Azure, you first need to decide which hosting option is the most suitable for you. To decide if you will host your project in Azure Web Apps, Azure Cloud Services or Azure Virtual Machines, see:
- Microsoft Azure web hosting options
- or view the Microsoft Azure documentation: Compute Hosting Options Provided by Azure
Depending on the chosen option, continue to the specific section of the documentation:
- Running Kentico in Azure Web Apps
- Running Kentico in Azure Cloud Services (deployment to Azure Cloud Services is not documented or recommended for Kentico sites that use the MVC development model)
- We do not provide documentation for Azure Virtual Machines as the procedure is similar to running Kentico on a normal server.
Note that there are crucial differences between the project types that you are required to install for each particular hosting option:
- Azure Web Apps – requires deployment of web application or web site projects.
- Azure Cloud services – require deployment of Azure projects.
Azure Blob Storage
If you are looking for information on how to connect your Kentico project to Azure Blob Storage without running the Kentico application on Azure, see Configuring Azure storage.
Was this page helpful?