To use LinkedIn authentication on your website, you first need to create a LinkedIn application:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account at https://www.linkedin.com or create a new account.
- Visit https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer.
- Click Create app on the My apps page.
- Fill in at least the required fields and accept the LinkedIn legal terms.
- Click Create app. LinkedIn redirects you to a page showing the details of your application.
- Switch to the Auth tab and add the URLs of all pages where you wish to allow LinkedIn authentication (i.e. pages that display the LinkedIn logon web part).
- Edit the Redirect URLs (under OAuth 2.0 settings).
- For each URL, click Add redirect URL, enter the full absolute URL including the protocol, domain, virtual directory and trailing slash (if necessary). For example: Special-pages/SignIn
- Click Update after you add all required redirect URLs.
The Auth tab also displays your application's the Client ID and Client Secret values. You need to enter these values in Kentico: Settings -> Security & Membership -> Authentication -> LinkedIn. Seefor more details.
Apply with LinkedIn program
If you wish to load birth date values for users who register on your site using their LinkedIn credentials, your LinkedIn application requires the r_fullprofile permission. Loading of the birth dates can be configured through the Require birth date property of the LinkedIn logon web part. If you enable the property without the required permissions for your LinkedIn application, registration and authentication will not work.
To obtain the permission, you need to apply and be approved as a LinkedIn Partner (LinkedIn Marketing Developer Program). You can apply on your app's Products tab by clicking Add more products and selecting Marketing Developer Platform.
If you obtain the permission, you also need to configure Kentico to request this permission on behalf of users:
- Open the Settings application in Kentico.
- Select the Security & Membership -> Authentication -> LinkedIn settings category.
- Set the Requested permissions (scope) setting to: r_fullprofile
- Click Save.
Was this page helpful?