After you have installed a Kentico web project, you can use the Installer to additionally modify the project's components. You can add components that you did not install or remove components which you no longer need.
If you are using the MVC development model, note that the component modification only affects the Kentico administration project of an instance (not live site MVC projects).
Adding and removing components after the installation
- Run the Installer – open the Windows Start menu and select Kentico Installer from the Kentico folder.
- Click Next on the welcome screen of the Kentico installer.
- Select your country, accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- Click Modify.
- Select the web project you want to modify.
- Either select an already registered project from the list or select any other folder containing a Kentico web project using the Select another button.
- Select the components you want to install and clear the checkboxes for components you want to uninstall.
You can also additionally install Windows services, register performance counters, or register event logging in the Windows Event Viewer.
See Installation Questions and Answers to find more information about the Register performance counters for Health Monitoring and Install Windows services for Scheduler and Health Monitoring options.
Click Apply Changes.
The Installer now adds and removes components according to your requirements.
Adding components to web application projects
If you use the installer to add components to a project of the web application type, you then need to open the project in Visual Studio and Rebuild the solution. Otherwise, you may encounter errors when using the functionality of the added components.
Was this page helpful?