Kentico allows you to have your website content translated into multiple languages. The system can display different language versions of your on-line store content to your customers based on various settings.
Setting up multiple languages
To set up more languages on your website, you need to:
- Open the Sites application.
- Edit ( ) a specific site.
- Switch to the Cultures tab.
- Click Add cultures.
- Select the desired cultures in the dialog.
- Click Select.
The system now enables you to create content in the selected languages.
To learn more about setting up multiple languages or setting the default language, see Setting up multilingual websites.
Allowing customers to switch between languages
To give your site's visitors the option to choose between different languages, your developers need to implement and design the required functionality. The approach depends on the development model that you use to build your website.
On MVC sites, you first need set up functionality that detects which language is requested by the visitor. See Setting up multilingual MVC projects. Depending on your preferred solution, you can add links or other components that allow visitors to switch between different languages.
On Portal Engine sites, you need to add language selector components onto your website's pages. See Creating language selectors.
- Choosing site or global e-commerce configuration
- Configuring currencies
- Configuring taxes
- Configuring multilingual stores
- Configuring product page types
- Configuring products
- Configuring product pages
- Checkout process
- Configuring shipping options
- Configuring payment methods
- Configuring invoices
- Configuring e-commerce email notifications
- Configuring user registration in stores
- Configuring e-commerce permissions
Was this page helpful?