The Kentico E-commerce Solution allows you to specify for each product its supplier. You can use this information typically for your internal purposes to optimize your e-business.
When creating a new product or editing an existing one (on the General tab), you can specify its supplier. You can do this by using the Supplier drop-down list, or you can add a new supplier.
You can manage suppliers in the Suppliers application. Here, the system displays a list of all defined suppliers. You can add new suppliers by clicking New supplier, and you can modify properties of existing suppliers after clicking Edit () in the Actions column. You can also remove suppliers from your on-line store by clicking Delete ( ) next to respective supplier items.
When editing a supplier, you can specify the following properties:
- Display name - specifies the name of the supplier displayed to the users of your website.
- Code name - specifies the name of the supplier used by developers in the code.
- Supplier e-mail - allows you to specify the supplier's e-mail address.
- Supplier phone - allows you to enter the supplier's phone number.
- Supplier fax - allows you to enter the supplier's fax number.
- Enabled - indicates if you can use the supplier object in your on-line store. For example, if enabled, you can select the respective supplier from the Supplier drop-down list when editing a product on the General tab.