Volume discounts are applied when customers add an appropriate amount of selected products to their shopping carts. The system automatically calculates and applies these discounts during the checkout process, or while adding new orders or editing existing ones in the administration interface.
For example, use this type of a discount when you want customers to have 10% discount if they buy 5 pieces of selected product.
You can also set up multiple volume discount levels. This allows you to apply different discounts on different amounts of purchased product items. For example, you can provide a 10% discount ifbuy at least 3 Nike Race Day T-shirts and a 15% discount if they purchase at least 5 items of this product.
Adding and editing volume discounts
You can add and edit volume discounts for selected products in the Products application while editing these products.
- Edit ( ) a selected product.
- Switch to the Advanced -> Volume discounts tab.
- For adding a new volume discount, click New volume discount. For editing an already existing volume discount, click Edit ( ) at desired volume discount.
- To Minimum quantity, enter a number of product items that customers have to add to the shopping cart to obtain the discount.
- In Discount, select percentage if you want to apply the discount in percent or fixed amount to apply the discount in a specific amount of money in the main currency.
- To Amount per item, specify an exact value of the discount either in percent or in fixed amount according to Discount.
- Click Save.
The system saves the volume discount for the chosen product. If customers add at least the specified amount of product items to their shopping carts, the system automatically applies the discount.
By repeating these steps, you can create different discount levels. If customers then add at least the specified amount of product items to their shopping carts, the system automatically applies a volume discount based on the amount of inserted product items.
If a product has different discounts for 5, 10, and 15 pieces:
- customers buy 4 or less pieces, they get no discount;
- customers buy 5–9 pieces, they get discount for 5 pieces;
- customers buy 10–14 pieces, they get discount for 10 pieces;
- customers buy 15 or more pieces, they get discount for 15 pieces.
You can combine percentage discounts and fixed value discounts in your multiple volume discount levels.
|Read discounts||Allows users in selected roles to access discounts and free shipping offers.|
|Modify discounts||Allows users in selected roles to create, modify and delete discounts and free shipping offers.|
|Read configuration||Allows users in selected roles to access E-commerce configuration, i.e. the on-line store settings, discount rules, etc.|
|Modify configuration||Allows users in selected roles to modify E-commerce configuration.|
If you edit or delete a discount, the existing orders stay with that discount. To update existing orders according to the new rules, you have to manually edit the involved orders.
Enter how many products a customer must add to obtain the volume discount.
Specify if you want to apply the discount in percentage or in fixed amount.
|Amount per item|
Allows you to specify the volume discount per one item of the product.