If you do not want to manually enter products into the system one by one, you can use tools for importing all your desired products.
The Kentico E-commerce Solution offers the following ways to import products:
If you cannot or do not want to import products, create products manually. At least, create a sample product because of the later configuration steps.
Importing products using Kentico Import Toolkit
Kentico Import Toolkit is a tool which helps you import data, including products, from external sources, such as:
- XML files
- CSV files
- XLSX/XLSM files (MS Excel)
- MS SQL databases
The tool also enables you to categorize products in an already existing product structure.
Find more detailed information about Kentico Import Toolkit in Importing products using Kentico Import Toolkit.
Importing products using the API
Another way to import products is to use the API (application programming interface) for developers.
Importing products via API requires using Visual Studio and some programming skills, which is suitable especially for experienced users. However, you are able to:
- Import products from whichever format
- Modify the importing process based on your needs
- Choosing site or global e-commerce configuration
- Configuring currencies
- Configuring taxes
- Configuring multilingual stores
- Configuring product page types
- Configuring products
- Importing products
- Configuring product pages
- Checkout process
- Configuring shipping options
- Configuring payment methods
- Configuring invoices
- Configuring e-commerce email notifications
- Configuring user registration in stores
- Configuring e-commerce permissions
Was this page helpful?