You can allow editors and other users to categorize pages on the Form tab of the Pages application. This makes it possible for users to categorize pages when creating them. Users can also categorize existing pages without having to access the Properties tab.
To allow users to categorize pages on the Form tab, add a new field to the page type for which you want to allow categorizing on the Form tab.
- Open the Page types application.
- Edit ( ) the page type for which you want to allow categorizing on the Form tab.
- Switch to the Fields tab.
- (Optional) Click (...) and create a New category for the new page tagging field.
- Click New field.
- Fill in the properties of the new field as follows:
- Field type: Standard field
- Field name: PageCategories (for example)
- Data type: Text
- Size: 100
- Field caption: Category (for example)
- Field description: any description that you want users to see when hovering over the field caption
- Form control: Multiple categories selector
- Save the field.
Now, whenever users edit pages of this type on the Form tab or create new pages of this type, they can tag the pages as well.
Was this page helpful?