The Kentico E-commerce Solution is an out-of-the-box part of Kentico. It enables you to create your own on-line stores and e-shops while offering the users, i.e. customers and store owners, a flexible, feature-rich e-commerce platform that addresses a wide range of e-business needs with mobile device support.
Whether you are a newcomer to or an experienced user of Kentico, this section gives you an insight into:
- Configuration and administration of your on-line store
- Management of your already running on-line store
- Customization of your on-line store with new functionality
Especially newcomers can appreciate descriptions of:
- Installation of the E-commerce Site and Dancing Goat sample sites, on which you can see multiple e-commerce samples you can use on your site
- E-commerce administration user interface, which guides you through e-commerce applications in Kentico
Among other features, the Kentico E-commerce Solution allows your on-line store customers to:
See the list of features below.
I want to have my store up and running
You can configure, for example:
Present the products and services that you offer to your customers in multiple language versions.
Allow your customers to make orders in currencies different from the on-line store main currency.
Calculate taxes based on customer's billing or delivery address.
Allow your customers to pay with different payment gateways, such as credit cards or PayPal, or enable them to have their system credit.
Add checkout process steps and further configure the checkout process to best suit your and your customers' needs.
Learn how you can use site-specific objects available only on the respective sites and global objects shared across all your sites.
Create users that can manage parts of your store.
I want to manage orders, products, customers, etc.
See Managing your store.
You can manage, for example:
Manage the products and services that you offer in your on-line store and set them based on your desires:
Manage options that you added to the offered products. For example, multiple colors, configurations, etc.
Manage variants of your main products. For example, T-shirts in different sizes and colors. Each combination of size and color.
Brands and Manufacturers – Manage brand and manufacturer labels and assign them to your store's products.
- Collections – Prepare product collections for your store and use them to organize products (each product can belong to one collection).
Suppliers – Manage supplier labels and assign them to the products and services offered in your store.
Product workflow – Set up a reviewing and approval process to ensure quality of your website's content and design.
Flexibly combine and grant your on-line store customers the following types of discounts:
- Catalog discounts – Grant eligible customers discounts on selected products.
- Order discounts – Grant eligible customers discounts on their whole shopping.
- Free shipping offers – Grant eligible customers the benefit of free shipping.
- Volume discounts – Offer better prices to your customers if they purchase specified amounts of given products.
- Buy X Get Y discounts – Offer customers free or discounted products if they purchase specified products.
- Bundles – Offer and sell customers multiple products of various kinds as single products for special prices.
Additionally, you can motivate your customers to purchase more products by providing them with Gift cards.. The customers can exchange these virtual vouchers for various types of discounts or use them as
Manage your on-line store customers.
Manage orders that your customers placed while purchasing in your on-line store.
View reports and statistics related to your on-line store.
I want to extend or modify the in-built functionality
You can customize, for example:
Integrate custom or external sources that provide the prices of products.
Customize how the system calculates taxes.
Add new rules that determine conditions for applying catalog discounts, order discounts, free shipping offers or gift cards.
Customize how the system applies discounts to shopping carts and orders.
Create custom shipping carrier providers to offer your customers shipping via any shipping company.
Modify or extend the shopping cart calculation engine to get full control of how the system performs the overall evaluation and calculation of shopping cart and order values.
Create custom payment gateways, which can integrate with any banking or payment system.
Adjust how the system rounds monetary values.
Was this page helpful?