This page describes which Kentico features are supported when using a separate MVC application to present your website.
Kentico features supported for MVC sites
The following features are supported and you can use them when developing your MVC applications.
- Azure deployment
- Custom tables
- Data protection features including consents
- E-commerce features (partially)
- Working with standard products (not e-products and memberships)
- Product variants (not product options)
- Product listings with filtering
- Product detail pages
- Checkout process
- Order management
- Free shipping offers and catalog discounts
- Product coupon discounts and coupon codes generally
- Forms (partially – no support for the default email notifications, autoresponders, and field appearance features)
- Media libraries
- Multilingual websites
- Integration with Kentico users and roles
- On-line marketing features (partially)
- Page attachments
- Page preview
- Smart search (with all types of search indexes except custom indexes)
- SQL debugging
- Web farms
- Workflow – basic and advanced
Kentico features not supported for MVC sites
Features or scenarios that are not included in the supported list above are not fully tested. You may be able to implement some of the functionality in your MVC application, but we cannot guarantee that everything will work correctly.
For example, the following features are currently not supported:
- Continuous integration
- Device profiles
- Google Sitemaps
- Integration bus
- Macro resolving
- Other e-commerce features
- Other on-line marketing features
- Page aliases
- Staging (for objects not created via the administration UI)
- Web parts
For more information about specific scenarios, please contact our support with a detailed description of your requirements.
Was this page helpful?