- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
When you need to deploy Kentico to a full trust live server, install Kentico on the server and then deploy your website to the installation:
Installing Kentico on a server with full trust
To install Kentico on a remote server with full trust environment:
- Run the Kentico Installer on your local development computer.
- Check the license agreement and select the Custom installation option.
- Switch to the Installation type tab.
- Select the Prepare for installation on a remote server.
- Choose a folder for the project files (for example, C:\Temp\KenticoCMS).
- The files will be only copied to this location.
- Select the .NET Framework version of the remote server.
- Click Install.
- Copy the files from your local folder (C:\Temp\KenticoCMS) to the root of the website using FTP.
Kentico is now installed on your remote server. Continue to the next section to deploy a developed website to the server.
Deploying a website to a server with full trust
After you have installed Kentico on a live server, you can deploy an already developed website to the installation.
- Go to Site Manager -> Sites on your development computer and click the Export site icon next to the site to be exported.
- Enter the name of the export package and click OK.
- The site will be exported to the <web project>\CMSSiteUtils\Export folder.
- Copy the exported package into the <web project>\CMSSiteUtils\Import folder on the live server.
Open a web browser and navigate to the /default.aspx page of your live server.
The Database Setup wizard starts up.
- Go through the wizard and create a new Kentico CMS database on your live server.
- At the end of the Database Setup Wizard, choose to import your existing Kentico CMS website (from the previously exported package).
After you have imported the site, you may need to adjust its configuration: