This type of installation is the quickest way of installing Kentico CMS on your machine. The only prerequisites you will need are:
- The operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate, Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit) or Windows 8 (both 32bit and 64bit), or their corresponding server versions – Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012.
- Connection to the Internet.
All you need to do is:
- On the home page of the Installer, agree to the license terms.
- Click Quick installation.
- Choose a sample site you wish to install. We recommend the Corporate site and the E-commerce site. These sites utilize and present most of the functionalities Kentico provides, and are therefore best suited for evaluation purposes.
- Click Install.
The Kentico Installer now installs Kentico CMS including everything else needed for it to run.
Default configuration of the quick installation
In case you want to know what has been installed on your computer during this installation process, we are providing this list:
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Program files (in c:\Program Files (x86)\KenticoCMS\KenticoCMS7\)
- IIS Express (if you do not have IIS installed already) with Integrated mode of application pool and with a virtual directory ( )
- SQL server native client
- SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB
- Web site project (in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\KenticoCMS\)
- Kentico CMS core files
- Context help
- All available modules
- All sample site templates
- All available spell checker dictionaries
- All available UI Cultures
- Your chosen sample sites
- Trial license