Kentico CMS allows you to protect your website from automated spam bots. You can secure all forms where users enter data, by requiring users to type a security code called CAPTCHA.
You can use CAPTCHA to tell humans and computers apart in the following places:
- Blog comments
- Custom tables
- Document types
- Message boards
- Other web parts that allow user input
Changing the default CAPTCHA type
You can choose which CAPTCHA type will be used throughout the system:
- Simple - prompts users to retype a sequence of numbers from an image.
- Logic - asks users to solve a simple arithmetic problem or to compare two numbers. Example: "one + four"; "Is six > than eight? (true/false)"
- Text - prompts users to retype a sequence of numbers, each number into an individual box.
We recommend to use logic CAPTCHA, as this is the most secure type we provide.
The default CAPTCHA type is Simple. To change the default type:
- Go to Site Manager -> Settings -> Security & Membership -> Protection.
- Under CAPTCHA settings, pick a Control to use.
- Save the settings.
When you change the CAPTCHA type, all web parts that have CAPTCHA enabled use the new type. Also, all fields in custom tables, document types, and forms that use the Security code control, use the new type of CAPTCHA. Fields that use a specific CAPTCHA control don't change.