If you want to install Kentico on a Windows Azure server, you must first install Kentico on your local computer:
- Run the Kentico Installer on your local development computer.
- Check the license agreement and select the Custom installation option.
- Switch to the Installation type tab.
- Select the Built-in web server in Visual Studio.
- Choose a folder for the project files (for example, C:\Temp\KenticoCMS).
- The files will be only copied to this location.
Select the .NET Framework 4.0 if you want to open your project in Visual Studio 2010 after the installation OR select the .NET Framework 4.5 if you want to open your project in Visual Studio 2012.
Kentico CMS 7 uses Azure SDK 1.7 which is currently not available for .NET Framework 4.5. Therefore, Kentico for Windows Azure will always be installed with target .NET Framework 4.0.
- Select the Windows Azure project as a Web project type.
- Click Install.
The Installer copies the project files into the specified folder. After the installation is finished, click the Open project button to open the web project in Visual Studio.
Please proceed with the instructions in the Kentico CMS 7 Windows Azure Deployment Guide (everything else, including the database installation, remains the same as it was in the old installer).