Contact management is an on‑line marketing tool that provides a centralized overview of all contacts who visit your websites.
While the Kentico CMS edition only allows you to gather basic information on subscribed contacts, the Kentico EMS edition also allows you to gather information about anonymous visitors, and the activities both the anonymous visitors and the subscribed contacts perform on the websites. You can use the data collected for contacts to track campaign results, analyze client behavior, optimize content, identify potential buyers and perform other marketing‑related actions.
If you have the Kentico CMS license, the system uses the following objects to organize the contact management data:
- Contact – a single subscribed visitor who views your websites.
- Contact group – a segmentation unit which enables you to sort contacts. You can only add contacts to groups manually.
If you have the Kentico EMS license, the system also uses the following objects to organize the contact management data:
- Contact – a single subscribed or anonymous visitor who views your websites and about whom information is gathered by the system.
- Contact group – a segmentation unit which enables you to sort contacts. You can either add contacts to groups manually or have the system populate groups automatically based on dynamically evaluated conditions.
- Account – a company or other body where contacts operate. Individual contacts can belong to multiple accounts and an account can be a subsidiary of another account. Accounts can also be added to contact groups.
- Contact role – the role which a contact has in an account. Typically, it is a job position or a type of competence which the contact has within the account. Each contact can only have one role in an account.
- Contact status – you can label contacts with statuses. Each contact can only have one status at a time.
- Account status – you can label accounts with statuses. Contacts and accounts have a separate set of statuses. Each account can only have one status at a time.