Content personalization is an on‑line marketing feature that can significantly increase the flexibility of your website. Personalization allows you to create pages that display different content depending on the circumstances in which they are viewed.
Users with the permissions for the Content personalization module can create personalization variants of page components, such as widgets. Note that for creating personalization variants of web parts and web part zones, you also need the Design website permission for the Design module.
Enabling content personalization
To start using content personalization on your website:
- Open the Settings application.
- Switch to On-line marketing.
- Select your Site (or enable content personalization globally).
- Select the Enable content personalization checkbox.
- Click Save.
When visitors view personalized pages on the live website, the system processes the variants and displays the corresponding content.
Note: If you disable content personalization at a later time:
- Existing personalization variants on your website will not be deleted. The system stops processing the conditions of variants on personalized pages and always displays the default content on the live website.
- Users will no longer be able to manage personalization variants or define new ones.
Was this page helpful?