The initial functionality in Kentico 12 for submitting content for translation to Microsoft Translator no longer works due to changes in the Microsoft Translator Text API. If you wish to use this functionality, you need to apply hotfix 12.0.20 or newer.
This service uses the Microsoft Translator Text API to translate text. Microsoft Translator offers a free subscription for up to 2 million characters per month, higher editions must be purchased.
This service has a 5 000 character limit for every translation request. When translating pages, the service submits the content of every field and editable region as a separate unit, so the total number of characters per page is not restricted.
Configuring the Microsoft Translator service
To set up the Microsoft Translator service on your website:
- Sign up for a Microsoft Azure account, subscribe to the Microsoft Translator Text API, and retrieve your API (subscription) key.
- Follow the Microsoft documentation for detailed instructions.
- Sign in to the Kentico administration interface and open the Settings application.
- Select the Content -> Translation services settings tree item.
- Enter the API key of your Microsoft Translator service in the Microsoft Translator category.
- Click Save.
Features described on this page require the Kentico EMS license.
Was this page helpful?