You can use Kentico Installation Manager to uninstall Kentico instances, including their project folders in the file system, websites in IIS and databases on a database server.
- Select the instance (or multiple instances) that you want to uninstall and click Uninstall on the main toolbar.
- KIM displays a dialog box showing the name and path of the website to be uninstalled.
- Click Next.
- Choose which parts of the installation you want to uninstall:
- Remove all – removes the instance completely, including its file system folder, IIS website, database and registration in KIM.
- Remove only the following items – removes only the parts of the installation selected by the check boxes below.
file system – deletes the instance's project folder and files, services (Health Monitor and Scheduler) and diagnostic tools (removes performance counters and event log sources).
Note: MVC sites run using a separate web project from the Kentico administration interface. KIM only deletes MVC project files if they are located within the same folder as the related administration interface project.
- IIS – removes the instance's websites from IIS. If the website is installed in a custom application pool not shared with another website, the pool is deleted as well.
- database – removes the instance's database from the database server.
- remove instance from list after successful uninstallation – unregisters the instance from KIM so that it is no longer visible in the managed instances list.
- Click Uninstall.
KIM displays a log, showing the progress of the uninstallation.
Was this page helpful?