Before you can begin running your on-line store, there are a few configuration steps you need to go through to ensure everything will run smoothly. The settings allow you to adjust the Kentico E-commerce solution to fit your needs.
This sequence of steps is tailored specifically to new Kentico instances. If you already have a configured instance and only wish to make specific adjustments, feel free to skip steps as necessary.
- Choosing site or global e-commerce configuration
- Configuring currencies
- Configuring taxes
- Configuring multilingual stores
- Configuring product page types
- Configuring products
- Configuring product pages (for Portal Engine sites)
- Checkout process (for Portal Engine sites)
- Configuring shipping options
- Configuring payment methods
- Configuring invoices
- Configuring e-commerce email notifications
- Configuring user registration in stores (for Portal Engine sites)
- Configuring e-commerce permissions
If you do not have any experience with the Kentico E-commerce Solution, install the sample Dancing Goat and E-commerce Site to learn more about the system. You can treat the sample sites as a sandbox where you can find examples of various implemented functionality and as a way to test your store configuration in a safe environment.
If you do not wish to follow the configuration step-by-step as outlined above, we have prepared a short list of tips you can turn to when configuring the Kentico E-commerce Solution.
Was this page helpful?