The system allows you to check the HTML validity of page code. Validation is always performed against the version of HTML declared in the validated code.
To validate a page's HTML:
Warning: During validation, your data is sent to an external 3rd party validation service. If you have sensitive, non‑public content, we recommend using other types of validation.
- Open the Pages application.
- Select the page in the content tree.
- Switch to Preview mode.
- Open the Validate -> HTML tab.
- Click Validate.
If the validator finds issues in the page's HTML code, the page displays a list. You can see the following information for each issue:
- Line - the line number of the HTML code on which the issue appears.
- Column - the column of the HTML code (i.e. number of characters from the beginning of the respective line) where the issue appears.
- Error message - message describing the validity issue.
- Error explanation - detailed explanation of the validity issue.
- Source - extract of the part of the code where the validity issue appears.
Note: If you navigate to another page in preview mode using links on the displayed pages, and then switch to the Validate tab, the system still validates the page selected in the content tree.
Was this page helpful?