To find information about your web application and the environment in which it is running, open the System application and view the General tab.
- Machine name - name of the server machine on which the system is running.
- ASP.NET account - name of the user account used by ASP.NET in the server's operating system.
- ASP.NET version
- Application pool name - name of the IIS application pool in which the instance of Kentico is running.
- Application trust level - the trust level of the environment where the application is running (only the Full trust level is supported).
- Your IP address - IP address from which you are accessing the system.
- Server name - name of the database server on which the system's database is running.
- Server version - SQL Server version installed on the database server.
- Database name - the name of the system database on the database server.
- Database size - the current size of the database, including the actual database data (the .mdf file) and the database log (the .ldf file).
Contact management database separation
If the application has a separated contact management database (on-line marketing), the page displays information for both databases.
- Allocated memory - size of memory allocated for the system.
- Peak memory usage - maximum memory used by the process.
- Process physical memory - physical memory used by the process.
- Process virtual memory - memory allocated by the process in the virtual memory space.
Click Clear unused memory to free up memory space by deleting unused data.
Garbage collection statistics
Shows how many times the garbage collector initiated cleaning of unused memory.
- Cache items - number of items stored in the application's memory.
- Expired - number of expired cache items.
- Removed - number of items removed from the system cache since the last restart.
- Dependency changed - number of cache items that the system dropped as a result of cache dependencies.
- Underused - number of cache items dropped earlier than the planned expiration time (possibly due to lack of memory).
Click Clear cache to remove all cached content from the memory of the Kentico application.
See also: Configuring caching
Page view statistics
- Views of content pages - number of content pages displayed since the last application restart.
- File downloads and views - number of files downloaded and viewed since the last restart.
- Views of system pages - number of system pages viewed since the last restart.
- Non-page requests - number of non-page requests handled since the last restart.
- Number of pages not found - number of page view requests to which the server responded with a 404 Page Not Found error.
- Pending requests - number of currently pending (not yet processed) page requests.
Restarting the application
You can restart the application or its components by clicking the buttons in the header of the General tab:
- Restart application - restarts Kentico (needed to apply certain types of changes).
- Restart all web farm servers - restarts all web farm servers running the instance of Kentico.
- Restart windows services - restarts all Kentico Windows services (if any are installed). See Kentico Service Manager for more details.
- Clear performance counters - clears the values stored in all performance counters (Health monitoring) registered for the Kentico instance. Also resets the Page view statistics section.
Was this page helpful?