When you create an Azure Web App service in Visual Studio or the Azure Management Portal, it by default runs in the Free pricing tier. This tier not sufficient for a Kentico application. To run a Kentico application without any performance issues, we strongly recommend switching to a higher hosting plan:
- Open the Azure management portal.
- Open App Services and select your web app.
- Switch to the Scale up (App Service plan) tab.
- Select a Basic or higher pricing tier. The Free and Shared hosting plans do not provide enough memory to run a Kentico application.
- Click Select at the bottom.
All web apps created in the same geographic region will have the same hosting plan mode.
Was this page helpful?