Minimal Kentico requirements
This list provides the minimal configurations for the SQL and IIS user accounts in order to work properly with Kentico CMS.
Minimal configuration for an SQL user account
For browsing the web, this account must be:
- granted with permissions connect, insert, select, execute, update, delete
- added to the database-level role name db_owner.
For creating a database, this account must be:
- granted with permissions connect, insert, select, execute, update, delete, alter, references
- added to the database-level role db_owner.
If you want to limit the permissions for an SQL user, you have to first create a new SQL login in the SQL Management Studio, map it to the database and then assign the permissions for this login. For information about creating logins in SQL Management Studio, see Create a Login.
Minimal configuration for an IIS user account to be able to use Kentico:
- this account must be granted with Read, Write, Modify permissions for the website directory.